Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eleven by Patricia Reilly Giff: Review by Jane D.

Eleven is a wonderful novel written about a ten year old boy named Sam Mackenzie. One day while searching for his eleventh birthday present he comes across a rusty old box. Hanging out of the locked box was a newspaper clipping. On the clipping is Sam as a young boy (about age three). Sam had a very hard time reading so he could hardly make out what the clipping said. He tried and tried and was finally able to sound out a few words, "missing" and the name "Sam Bell". Thoughts raced through his head; "Was I missing? My name isn't Sam Bell. Why did Mack (Sam's grandfather and guardian) never tell me? Do I belong with Mack?" This question haunted Same. Sam is very curious about what happened in his past and what is coming in the future. So he asks the new girl, Caroline, for help. He chose her because every second that she could she had her nose in a book. Together they go step by step to solve this haunting mystery.


Do you enjoy mysteries? Well if you do then this is a fantastic book for you. Eleven is a liitle spooky, but don't let that scare you away. Eleven is an exciting quick read that I think many people will enjoy.


Once you read Eleven (if you do), then tell me what you thought about the dreams in between chapters. Did you think that they were distracting or do you think that they added to the experience of the story?

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds great!! I will plan on reading it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your review!!! It maks me want to read the book Eleven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks very interesting! I can't wait to read it! :) I am now wondering what will happen at the end...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really good. I really want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete