Sunday, June 6, 2010

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling: review by Sam A

For my fourth quarter book, I read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. I only read about 250 pages of it so far but I believe it is one of the best Harry Potter books I have read. In this book, Harry Potter, the only person to live through Lord Voldemort's wrath, is back for his fourth year at Hogwarts, the school for witch and wizardry. But this year he will go on an adventure like none before, for Hogwarts is hosting the Triwizard Tournament where one young wizard from different magical schools compete for glory, riches, and for the Triwizard cup. Harry and the rest of Hogwarts  are ecstatic about it but when Dumbledore, Hogwarts' headmaster, states that their is an age restriction of below 17 it puts a reign on most of the happiness of the school. And one person who's happiness was drained a bit was Harry Potter, for he is 14. But after the Goblet of Fire (a magical goblet that picks one person from each competing school to compete for their school in the Triwizard Tournament) had already chosen one person from the three competing schools which were Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang, another name flew out of the goblet.




I would rate what I have read so far as a nine out of ten. This book is full of suspense, mystery, wonder, humor, and by far mostly magic. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes science fiction including magic, and anyone else who would like a good read.





No comments:

Post a Comment