Monday, June 7, 2010

Groosham Grange

Groosham Grange By Anthony Horowitz Review BY Olivia K




Have you ever wondered what it would be like to get expelled from your school, have abusive parents AND to not be loved at all? Well you can ask David Elliot and he will know. David lives in England and goes to a fancy private school that of course he gets kicked out of! His father hearing this goes to stab him, but his mom jumps in front of David and gets stabbed instead . They act like it never happened. The next morning David receives a mysterious letter of acceptance to a boarding school and they only have a 30 minute deadline to reply. The school is in an ancient castle complete with its own graveyard and a thick forest. Did I mention it is on an isolated island that is unheard of even by the locals? When David gets there he has to write his name in his own blood. The teachers and the students all have something to hide. Slowly, even his two friends are falling under the inviting spell of Groosham Grange and remember wrong is right, and right is wrong. Once you are in, there is no turning back.




I loved the book Groosham Grange. It was full of some disturbing images that will never leave my mind, as well as laughs and some surprises. The genre is fantasy and horror. I would recommend it for people that love adventure and horror. All I know is I only wish I was the 7th daughter of the 7th daughter so Icould get accepted into Groosham Grange.. Why would I, you are asking? You will just have to read it to find out.




No comments:

Post a Comment