Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Everything for a Dog by Ann m. Martin Reviewed by Caroline H.


EVERYTHING FOR A DOG

The book Everything for a Dog is the sequel to the award winning book, A Dogs Life. This story tells the tale of a mutt named Bone and his struggle to survive. Bone and his sister Squirrel were the only surviving pups in their litter, their mother cared and looked after them, until that miserable day. It was when Bone was very young he watched her trot away and never come back. I loved this book because of its three stories that come together in the end; it’s a sad book but very moving too. Bone is a confident, faithful, and a dog that perserveres throughout this breathtaking story.

Can you imagine being a dog with no protection and out all alone? In the first story it’s about a boy named Charlie who is healing from a tragedy with the help of a dog. Is it Bone? In the next chapter it’s about a boy named Henry who has always wanted a dog but his parents won’t let him for one special reason that you’ll have to find out if you chose to read this book. If you still don’t get what I’m saying this might help. Imagine this (if you can) a puppy abandoned, living only about two months with its mother, then having to survive the cold harsh world of animal abusers, no food, and weather but all coming together at the end in a unforeseen way.

Will Bone ever find that one true family? Read Everything for a Dog to find out!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked how you put this book into pictures and made it sound really interesting. Now I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book, and your post makes me want to read the second book. It seems really good by the way you describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first book, and it was great.You described the second book very well,and now I want to read it. I'll add it to my large pile of books on my nightstand.

    ReplyDelete