Sunday, March 28, 2010

Slob by Ellen Potter

Reviewed by Jackson C.

Genre: Realistic fiction


This quarter I read the book Slob by Ellen Potter. It is about a boy name Owen that is as he says,"57% fatter than your average 7th grader." However, being fat is not the only thing he is made fun of for. He is pretty much a genius, but as he says, "I am not a genius, but I am one point short." He is referring to his IQ test were he was just one point short of the top rank. Owen is trying to lose weight during the book, so he goes on a diet (kind of). His mom gives him three Oreo cookies every day for lunch. One day, his Oreos are missing. The next day they are missing again and for the next two weeks to a month they are still gone each day. Owen decides to catch the thief. After many failed attempts, he sees the new kid Mason with three Oreo cookies stacked up. For the rest of the book, he tries to prove that Mason is the thief. His Oreos missing are not his only problem. He noticed that his lunch sack is also missing, his gym teacher is out to get him, and his sister wants him to lose weight. Will Owen catch the thief and solve his other problems? Read the book Slob to find out.


I thought that this book was a great book! I would give it a 5/5 stars. The book is very suspenseful, and it has quite a wacky ending. Overall, it may be one of my favorite books ever.I hope you read it!

3 comments:

  1. This is great. I like how you discuss the problem of the story, and part of the solution without giving away too many details. - Nick N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome post. I like how you gave a breif summary of the book without giving anything away. Also I liked how you asked the reader questions. This book seems like it is good and I might try and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you how you made the suspenceful but only said the problem.

    ReplyDelete