Monday, March 29, 2010

Al Capone Shines My Shoes by Gennifer Choldenko- Reviewed by Allie C.

I read Al Capone Shines My Shoes by: Gennifer Choldenko. It is the sequel to Al Capone Does My Shirts. The genre is fiction. The story is about a boy named Matthew Flanagan, who is known by Moose Flanagan. He moved to Alcatraz Island because his dad got a new job as an electrician and a prison guard. He also moved there because of his sister Natalie who has autism and so she could go to the Ester P. Marinoff School. The Ester P. Marinoff School is a school for people with disabilities. There are 24 other kids who live in the island. Alcatraz Island is a prison for the worst of the worst. Natalie loves to play with buttons. Moose gets mad sometimes because all the attention is on Natalie. His dad is home not very often because he has two jobs. Moose’s best friend is Scout. Scout is a GREAT baseball player. The story states, “And today is baseball day, because of my friend Scout from school is coming to Alcatraz this afternoon. Scout is Mr. Baseball. He has his own team and he can really play” (p.9). There is a girl on the island named Piper. She is the warden’s daughter. She is very snotty and gets what ever she wants. Piper is very moody sometimes. I say this because sometimes she likes Moose, and sometimes she hates Moose. I loved this book because you can’t predict what going to happen next. The book takes all different twists and turns. I recommend this book to all readers.

1 comment:

  1. I read the first book of this series and I really liked it. This review has confirmed my desicion to read Al Capone Shines My Shoes.:)

    ReplyDelete