Thursday, March 25, 2010

Review of Swindle

Review of Swindle by Gordan Korman

Reviewed by James S.

Swindle was a book that really kept me on the edge of my seat. Twice in the book It seemed that it was inching in the direction of a dramatic ending, but it seemed to go on and on, not that I particularly wanted it to end. It also had a sort of onomatopoeia in that their names matched their personalities just like the texts written by authors such as J.K. Rowling and Charles Dickens. The book was, as I said suspenseful and exiting, I did not particularly like the ending. I also felt some of the events in the book rather predictable. It had a wide range of hilarious and entertaining characters and was, although it is fiction, fairly realistic. It all starts when Griffin Bing and Ben Slovak find a rare Babe Ruth baseball card depicting him in a Red Sox uniform. They end up being cheated out of the rare million-dollar find by S. Wendell Palomino, (a.k.a. Swindle) a vicious sports memorabilia store owner who guards it as if it is Alcatraz.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment