Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer reviewed by Simran P.

Eclipse, by the very talented Stephanie Meyer, is a book I completely fell in love with. With the length of 629 pages, Eclipse is the third book in Meyer's thrilling Twilight Saga series. The genre of the book is fantasy, and also a romance novel. While reading, I found this book to be a little bit more exciting than the first two books in the series. Although the book is fairly long, I have no doubt that you will have a ravenous thirst to read on.

This endearing novel takes place in Forks, Washington. In the book, we have our main character Bella Swan, return with the same awkward, simple personality. Bella is caught in a game of tug-of-war between her charming vampire boyfriend, Edward Cullen, and Jacob, her huge, best friend who is a werewolf. Also, Bella is trying to figure out how to answer a cruical question in which Edward is anxious for. Bella is craving the idea of becoming a vampire, but she knows that the treaty between the Cullens' and the La Push werewolves would come to an end, and she would damage the relationship between her and Jacob.

In Seattle Washington, there has been a lot of murders taking place around the area.

The Cullens' think that there is a new, dangerous vampire doing the killing, or the return of either the Volturi, (who Bella encounters in Italy) or Victoria seeking revenge for what happened to her mate. Either way, they are coming for Bella, and possibly putting her life at risk. Will the vampires and werewolves come together to save Bella's life, and will they still be able to not break the treaty while protecting their land? That is for you, reader to figure out.

I would give this book a 5/5 star rating. Like I mentioned beforehand, I loved this book. I greatly enjoyed Stephanie's great description, and the suspenseful action. This book is definitely a page turner, that will reel you into it's very imaginative world of immortility, as well as humanity.

I recommend this book to fans of the amazing Twilight series. Although this book is open to both boys and girls, I think that girls would have a much greater appeal to it than boys. Be sure to read the first two books first, for you will have a hard time understanding if you skip directly to this one.

Hurry to the library, and checkout the irresistible book, Eclipse. I promise you, that it will have you addicted, and "thirsty" for more. After you're done, be sure to read Breaking dawn, the final book of the saga. :)




4 comments:

  1. Wow! Simran great way of discribing the book. I belive you it is almost addicting great adjetives. If I had just read this post and not the book I would be getting my shoes on right now to get to the libary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job in describing the book! I think you said all the important details without spilling anything that might tell what happens. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cloe and Carolyn! If only my parents would let me go any farther-I read the first two!
    -Claire

    ReplyDelete