Saturday, April 3, 2010

Frozen Fire by James Houston: Review by Tommy W.

Frozen Fire by James Houston



This is a fiction story. This book is about two boys. One of the boys father goes on a journey in Alaska looking for copper because he studies those types of things. Little do they know that right after they leave a huge storm hits. His son figures they will be home soon, but after a couple of days they did not return. The boy and a friend set out on a perilous journey to rescue his father. They face challenges that even an eighth grader will find unbearable. They also must go through tough weather, wolves, broken ice, cliffs, and many more.


Mathew is the son of the geologist who goes on the journey with his Eskimo friend Kayak. They are both eighth graders. Mathew is smart, determined, and open-minded. Kayak is very smart, strong, and knows a lot of information on the wild from his dad. Mathew's dad is anxious, curious, and he is also kind.



I like this book because it is packed with adventure, excitement, and action. Every page will keep you wandering about what the next page will be. This is one of my favorite books, and if you read it it will be one of your favorites too. It is so realistic, and you can picture every scene.



I would recommend this book for people who read. This book can be read by anyone, and if you read it I promise you won't be disappointed.

7 comments:

  1. Your post makes me want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I really want to read this book now!
    I like books like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I like how you said the characters personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you described everyone in this book very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job. Your review makes me want to read this book. I like how you described the story and used words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur post was interesting, but i found the book a little boring.. like in the beginning, but then it got very exciting later on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a great review I think you did a great job

    ReplyDelete