Saturday, April 3, 2010

Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa: Review by Jackie L.

For my book review this quarter I did the book called Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa by Lara Bergen. The book is realistic fiction. It was about a girl name Noel. Her homeroom is having a Secret Santa drawing, but Noel gets a new girl name Mia she doesn’t know, and she does not talk to anyone either. Next, her best friend gets her crush and they get caught when they try to trade, and now she thinks summer can’t get any worse. All her friends get to take fun vacations too, but Noel has to stay home with her parents, little sister and another sibling on the way. So she tries to deal with it, but her Secret Santa is the worst and didn’t even decorate her locker like all the others and all she got was a couple of small presents she doesn’t even like. She thinks she knows exactly who it is, Mia! Is she right thought even she says she is positive? You will just have to read the book to find out what happens to Noel. I would recommend this book to girls looking for a good book to read and enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. I love the purple script! It's a great idea and I think I'll trie it! Thanks, Jackie!
    From Claire (:
    ps. My sister read this book and she really liked it. From what she's told me, you have a really accurate description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I just can't get over how much the colored words jump out at me! That's such a greeeeaaaat idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie-
    This book sounds interesting. I want to read it. By the way the secret santa reminds me of 4 grade. I wonder what it would be like to get the wrost gift!?
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice book i read the book & i like it a whole lot. (alot of teen/girls drama problems and solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book was cliché and boring. When I tried to read it, I read 3/4 of the book and put it down. It was unbearable. Also, Noel says later in the book, " and kind of blue ankles" You'd think that if her ankles were blue, she'd wear socks, even if she doesn't want to. Also, if she doesn't wear socks, how can she wear Vans? They should have cut her feet clean off after an entire school year! I wore vans and went for a walk and they gave my feet a blister the size of my thumbnail. I had to rant somewhere, so why not save people money and say it here?....

    ReplyDelete
  6. u put and she thinks summer can't get any worse. but the she thinks Christmas cant get any worse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started reading the beginning,and I thought it was boring. I really didn't want to read it, but I had to do it for a book report. So I ended up reading about half the book, because I didn't like it so much, I started reading it the last week to work on the report.

    ReplyDelete