Thursday, October 29, 2009

Revenge of the Wannabees by Lisi Harrison

Book review by Julia

In the realistic fiction story Revenge of the Wannabees by Lisi Harrison, 7th grader Alicia Rivera realizes that she is always second in command to her gorgeous, popular friend Massie Block. In result of this, Alicia decides to branch out and create her own clique. With the help of her friend Olivia and a few look-alikes of her friends Kristen and Dylan, will she succeed in creating a clique of her own?


In the story which is one of the clique series, Alicia Rivera stars as one of the prettiest, richest, most popular girls at the school she attends called Octavian Country Day School. She is Spanish girl with dark skin, hair, and eyes. She is confident in her self that she has what it takes to start her own clique.


I believe that this book was great because of how detailed everything was. I loved how you could imagine everything in your head because of how descriptive it is. Even the clothing the girls wore were described by saying “Her Marc Jacobs patterned dress with black stiletto heels scores a 9.6 in the fashion rules”. I also enjoy stories that involve girls that are my age, and this fits perfectly. I would most definitely recommend this great book to any person who is looking for a funny story about girls around my age.
Some more background information on this story is that in the clique, there are four girls; Massie is their alpha with Alicia as their beta. Kristen is an athletic star soccer player, and Dylan is an out of shape girl who is trying to stop her bad eating habits. These four girls are thinking of welcoming a new addition to the crew, a blonde haired girl named Claire Lyons. She has just moved from Florida to the carriage house of Massie’s mansion. As you can see, this book may appeal to some people more than others but to me, this book deserves five stars all the way!

1 comment:

  1. I have already read this book,and this a great desription of it.If I hadnt already read this book three times I would read it again.I also would give it 5 stars too!

    ReplyDelete