Friday, October 30, 2009

Heat by Mike Lupica

Heat by Mike Lupica
Review by Jackson

Heat by Mike Lupica is a fantastic book. The book is fiction with a sports theme. Heat is about a boy named Michael who came from Cuba to New York. Michael’s father died and he lives with his older brother Carlos who is only seventeen. Carlos wouldn’t be able to take care of him any more if someone found out that their dad was dead. Michael is a very good baseball player and plays on the best team in the area called the Clippers. He is the star pitcher on the team and his team wants to go to the Little League World Series. Another team’s coach accuses him of being too old to play in league, but everyone knows that he is 12 which is not too old to play. Since his father died he cannot find his birth certificate which is in Cuba. Michael and Carlos don’t have any relatives in Cuba so they are unable to get the birth certificate and don’t think they will ever get it. The Clippers keep having games without Michael and they win some and they lose some. But without Michael the team isn’t the same.
I think you would like this book if you like baseball or just sports in general. I recommend this book to anyone because when I read it I liked it. All in all, I think you should read this book or another book by Mike Lupica.

By Justin

1 comment:

  1. Nick Raucci
    HEAT!

    I think this book review was great. I also like your book review because it doesn’t give away main ideas and it makes people want to read the book. I like sports book too, maybe I will read this book some day.

    ReplyDelete